Who do you tip?
- I tip the exhausted hotel bike parking attendants. They have a thankless job of arranging bikes in the rain, sun, wind and sewerage
- I tip the doorman. They have to salute us even though we are not their masters.
- I tip the sweating courier boys. They run around to give you what you couldn’t have gotten anyway.
- I tip the dirty street kid selling balloons. My child enjoys the warmth of a car but not this equally darling child who stands in that pollution.
- I tip the municipal workers who work in foul smells everyday. They clean up our crap and we don’t even notice them.
Who do you thank?
- I thank the angry kirana store owner. It brightens up his day.
- I thank the grumpy bank cashier. His face livens up to wish me back
- I thank our office maintenance chaps. They work in the background with no air conditioning to give it to us instead
- I thank customer service representatives. They fix my problems.
- I thank the security guards and police. They have to keep miscreants at bay for our sake.
- I thank my colleagues at work. I wouldn’t be here without them.
- I thank my family for keeping me happy. I wouldn’t be living my life without them.
- I thank my critics. They act as my mirror
- I thank the universe for making me, me.